Amgen Ohio Groundbreaking
Amgen Process Technician
Apprentice Process Technician
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You want a meaningful and impactful career that not only gives you long term skills but also has a positive impact on your community and the world. At Amgen, our mission – to serve patients – drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Apply to contribute to this mission.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our team as an Apprentice Process Technician at our New Albany, OH facility. The successful candidate will complete a course curriculum at Columbus State Community College (CSCC) and then receive 2,000 hours of on-the-job (OJT) training at Amgen. This combination of course curriculum and OJT is known as the apprenticeship The Apprentice Process Technician role is a full-time position. The Apprentice Process Technician will play a critical role in ensuring quality and compliance standards are met through various manufacturing tasks and activities.
To be eligible for the apprenticeship, you must be eligible to enroll at CSCC. You will also be required to successfully complete the CSCC career placement exam and must be available to work all shifts (day, night, and/or weekend).
Upon the successful completion of the apprenticeship, the staff member will be eligible to apply to available roles at Amgen for which they are qualified at the time.
THE APPRENTICESHIP WILL BE FOCUSED ON
- Meeting milestone training checkpoints and following all standardized operating procedures.
- Following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and applicable regulations from the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs).
- Reporting any discrepancies to the Team Leader or Production Supervisor to ensure quality standards and safety.
- Ensuring quality & compliance through a Right First-Time mindset.
- Receiving and preparing components for use in manufacturing.
- Feeding components into equipment and performing essential sanitation activities.
- Documenting appropriate paperwork, understanding Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- (OEE)/performance metrics, and participating in daily performance meetings.
- Use of pallet jacks and manual wrapping of pallets.
- Use of computer systems to support material inventory and electronic batch.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to drive improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring components and products are available for continuous operation.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Those selected for full-time employment can expect a dynamic and challenging work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your skills, we encourage you to apply today!